BA (hons), PGCE, MSc. M Ed, C Psychol
Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Bristol, Bath & Avon
… approachable, friendly, understanding, and entirely professional. Your report was produced in very good time, and was readable, thorough, and of high quality. We all enjoyed working with you…
If it wasn't for you then my children would both be in a very different place to the one they are in today. The way you handled the children was also very helpful…
Paul Sanderson was great - explaining to us exactly what would be involved, arranging the assessment at our convenience, working well with my son and discussing the results with us afterwards…
I was nervous when mum said she thought I was dyslexic because I didn't understand it and when I met Paul he explained everything, so it was okay. I don't mind being dyslexic now.
The school has implemented all of Paul's' suggestions. Due to this, our son is progressing educationally and socially every day which has raised his confidence in himself and he's so much happier.
Testimonials MORE >>
I carry out educational and psychological assessments across the full age range, from young children to adults. Assessments help to identify difficulties in learning and adjustment to learning situations, and thus enable advice to be given on the practical support which might be most appropriate. They can provide information in the following areas (click on the links for further information about specific areas):
- Dyslexia assessments for children, young adults and adults.
- DSA (Disabled Students’ Allowance) assessments for students in higher education.
- Access Arrangements assessments (additional time etc.) for GCSE, NVQ, A level and IB students.
- Access Arrangements assessments (additional time etc.) for youngsters sitting Common Entrance and 11 plus examinations.
- Adult Dyslexia assessments for employees and employers.
- Giftedness assessments from 6 years upwards.
- Assessments of individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism.
- Assessments of individuals with specific learning difficulties such as Dyspraxia and other Developmental Coordination Difficulties (DCD).
- Assessments of individuals with attention deficit difficulties, such as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- Assessments of individuals with physical or sensory disabilities.
- Assessment of youngsters with emotional and behavioural problems.
- Assessment of individuals with complex learning needs.
Psychological Assessment Process
Before any assessment is carried out, a detailed history and general background information about the purpose of the assessment is taken. This is provided either by the family where youngsters are involved or by the individuals themselves, when adults are involved.
The actual assessment takes 2-
This is followed up by a detailed 12-
The main tests used for educational assessments are as follows: WISC IV, WAIS IV, WIAT II, CTOPP, DASH and DASH 17 plus. These are combined with other diagnostic tests where appropriate. All of the tests used are entirely mainstream, as well as being approved for DSA purposes. So, the psychological report you will receive can have an immediate and practical effect in a wide range of educational and workplace contexts.